Carrot cake smoothie bowl! I think this is my new favorite smoothie bowl. Had this for lunch today and I don’t even feel guilty about eating this “treat” because it’s primarily made of veggies, but still tastes sweet.
1 frozen banana
1 medium carrot
1/4-1/2 cup frozen riced cauliflower
almond milk to get the right consistency
handful of shredded coconut
2 tablespoons of maple syrup
spoonful of almond butter
optional: 2 fresh medoolan dates for added sweetness
- Using a vegetable peeler, remove the outside of the carrot and discard.
- Peel the rest of the carrot using a vegetable peeler. This cuts the carrots into thin ribbons and helps the carrot blend in the smoothie better.
- Blend all ingredients accept for the almond butter.
- Place the smoothie in a bowl and top with a spoonful of almond butter and any other toppings.
3/4 cup green lentils (dried)
1/2 white onion
3 cloves garlic
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds (unsalted)
handful of fresh parsley
Himalayan sea salt
1. Put lentils in a pot of boiling water cook per instructions on packaging. Once cooked, place lentils in strainer and allow to cool.
2. Cut onion and carrot- I like to cut the carrot into ribbons using a vegetable peeler. Sautee in a frying pan with avocado oil, Himalayan sea salt, and ground pepper until soft. Add garlic and allow to cook for about 30 seconds. Place pan aside to cool.
3. Set oven to 400 deg.
4. Once cooled, place lentils, onion, carrots, and garlic into blender or food processor. Add a handful of fresh parsley, 2 tablespoons of avocado oil, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth. Depending on the dryness of the lentils, you may need to add a few tablespoons of water to help blend. Add pumpkin seeds and pulse to chop and mix the seeds, but not fully blend.
5. Coat a baking dish with avocado oil.
6. Form the mixture into balls and place on baking dish.
7. Place baking dish in the oven and bake for 30-40mins depending on the size of the lentil meatballs.
8. Using a spirilizer, cut the zucchini into zoodles.
9. Place the zoodles in a frying pan and cook with marinara sauce.
10. Plate the zoodles and top lentil meatballs and additional marinara sauce. Top with nutritional yeast and fresh basil
Back in NYC! 🤸🏻♀️
First move post red eye flight back is making a green smoothie bowl. After 3 weeks of straight travel, I’m so glad I came home to a freezer full of organic produce and my first move wasn’t running out to Whole Foods. This smoothie is mostly veggie based, but made with cacao powder and topped with cacao nibs to taste like a treat. I also topped it with sunflower butter vs. almond butter. I’ve been experimenting with sunflower butter this week and am a huge fan. Now have to run and get all of my errands complete and pack over the next couple of days before I fly out, this time for vacation! ✈️
1/4 cup frozen blueberries and blackberries
1/4 cup frozen riced cauliflower
3/4 cup frozen spinach
1 spoonful cacao powder
1 scoop chocolate protein powder
almond milk to get the right consistency
Top with superfoods- I used cacao nibs, sunflower butter, goji berries, and shredded coconut
I want these Turkey Burgers with avocado and sweet potato fries that I made the other weekend. This is the last week I’m Seattle for work and then I head back to NYC to end my 3 weeks of straight travel. I had so much fun traveling these past 2 weekends but am seriously ready to not live out of a suitcase and get back home- be in my own apartment and cook my own food.
… at for at least a couple of days until I pack up and leave again 💁♀️✈️
See recipe below!
Ground Turkey meat
1/2 red bell pepper
3 cloves garlic
1 large sweet potato
1. Preheat oven to 400 deg.
2. Using a vegetable peeler, peel the outside of the large sweet potato.
3. Place sweet potato in microwave for 1-2 minutes to slightly soften so it is easier to cut. Cut sweet potato into fries.
4. Lightly coat a baking dish with avocado oil. Place fries on a baking dish and season with salt and pepper. Place in the oven for for about 20 minutes. Flip the fries and place back in the oven for another 20 minutes or until crispy.
5. Cut red pepper and onion into small pieces.
6. Place ground turkey in a bowl and add red pepper and onion. Add garlic to the bowl using a garlic press. Add 1/2 juice from the lime, a drop of avocado oil, salt pepper, paprika, chilli powder and cayenne pepper to the bowl. Mix the bowl to evenly distribute.
7. Roll turkey into burgers. Place burgers on a baking dish and place in the oven with for 30- 40 minuets depending on the size of the burgers.
8. Cut avocado into slices. Plate the turkey burger with avocado slices and sweet potato fries.
Chicken thighs with summer squash, red onion, sautéed spinach, and avocados slices. Sautéed the summer squash with red onion and spinach in oil and garlic, because I’m a firm believer that you can sautée almost any vegetable in garlic and oil and it’s awesome 💁♀️
Anyone else on this one? 😬
2 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 summer squash
1/16 red onion
2 cloves of garlic
1/2 bag spinach
salt and pepper to taste
1. Cut summer squash and zucchini into slices. Cut the slices into halves or fourths. Place the zucchini in a baking dish (I use glass because it avoids the harmful interactions of nonstick baking sheets).
2. Cut red onion and place on baking dish. Mince 1 clone of garlic and mix with vegetables.
3. Place 2 chicken thighs in the baking dish on top of the vegetables. This will allow the veggies to cook in the natural oils from the chicken- no need for added oils. Season chicken and veggies with salt and pepper.
4. Bake on 400 degs for 35-45mins, depending on the size of the chicken thighs. Check the chicken periodically to avoid over cooking.
5. While this is baking, sautéed spinach with avocado oil and 1 clove of garlic in a frying pan.
6. Cut 1/4 avocado into slices.
7. Plate the chicken, vegetables, spinach, and avocado.
Smoothie bowl kind of morning. This thick, chocolatey smoothie bowl is actually mostly made of veggies 🌱
1/4 cup Frozen riced cauliflower
1 frozen zucchini (steamed then frozen),
1/4 cup Frozen raspberries
1-2 scoops Almond butter
1 scoop Chocolate protein powder
Coconut milk to get the right consistency
Topped with hazelnuts and coconut flakes
PB Chocolate Banana Chia Pudding 🥜🍫🍌!
Makes the perfect breakfast or snack. Full of healthy fats to keep you full longer. So simple to make.
3 tablespoons chia seeds
Cacao nibs to top
All natural peanut butter
1. Add chia seeds to a bowl. Add a spoonful of cacao powder to chia seeds. Add almond milk to cover. Place bowl in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
2. Remove chia bowl from the fridge. If not all of the chia seeds have absorbed the almond milk, add additional almond milk to the mixture. Add a splash of cinnamon and maple syrup. Stir the mixture and place back in the refrigerator overnight.
3. Slice a banana and place banana slices over the chia pudding. Top with peanut butter and cacao nibs.