Crunchy banana bread muffins topped with peanut butter 😋🍌🥜
Packed these with me on my flight to Seattle earlier this week and they made the 6 hour coast to coast flight a whole lot better.
2.5 cups rolled oats
1/4 cup almond milk
3 spoonfuls of coconut oil
3 tbsp maple syrup
1/4 cup walnuts
Optional: All natural peanut butter to top
1. Blend all of the ingredients together except for the walnuts.
2. Add walnuts to blender and lightly pulse mixture to mix the walnuts without blending them completely into the mixture. You want to keep the walnuts in nut form just lightly pulse them until they are smaller pieces.
3. Place batter in muffin baking sheet. Bake on 400 deg for 25- 28 minutes.
4. Optional: Allow to cool and top with peanut butter
WANT this dripping frozen chocolate banana smoothie that tricks me into thinking I’m drinking a milkshake 🍫🍌
So easy to make and soo good!
2 frozen bananas- frozen bananas taste like ice cream and make your smoothie thick and creamy. Adding ice to your smoothie often doesn’t mix as well and makes it watery- highly recommend using frozen bananas!
1 scoop cacao powder
Drop of maple syrup
Almond milk to get the right consistency
Optional: 1 scoop of almond butter or peanut butter
Blend all ingredients except for cacao nibs. Place blended smoothie in a glass and top with cacao nibs. Enjoy!
Made this paella using riced cauliflower instead of rice and it’s real good. You can even get that “sticking to the pan” effect of normal paella, you just have to let it sit a little longer.
I have a smaller paella pan so the ingredients are proportional to my pan size, if you have a bigger pan, the portion size may very.
1 package frozen cauliflower
1/2 sweet onion
1 red bell pepper
6 -10 cherry tomatoes
1/4 cup frozen peas
2 cloves garlic
4 Chicken Thighs
2 Pieces of Chorizo
- Allow the frozen cauliflower to sit out until it is thawed. First, you need to “rice” the cauliflower. You can buy frozen riced cauliflower; however, today I didn’t see it at the store and had to rice it myself. Place the thawed cauliflower in a blender. Press the blend button and immediately let go several times until the cauliflower looks like rice. You do not want to hold the blend or it’ll turn the cauliflower into a mush.
- Cut the chorizo into slices. Cut the plum tomatoes into halves or quarters.
- Add avocado oil to the paella pan and spread across the pan to create a non-stick surface.
- Add the 4 chicken thighs to the pan. Cook for approximately 5 minutes. You do not want to completely cook the chicken thighs, only partially cook and allow the juices to seep into the pan. Remove the chicken thighs and set aside.
- Add the cut up onion and red bell pepper to the pan. Saute in the oil until the red bell pepper starts to soften and the onion turns slightly brown, approximately 7 minutes. Add paprika and salt and pepper to taste. After cooking the onion and pepper for about 5 minutes, add the cut chorizo pieces to the pan. While this is cooking, cut the chicken thighs into cubes.
- Add the 2 chopped cloves of garlic to the pan and add additional avocado oil if necessary to allow to garlic to cook. Allow the garlic to simmer for about 30 seconds and then mix in with other ingredients.
- Add the cut tomatoes, peas, cubed chicken thighs, and rices cauliflower to the pan. Add approximately 1.5 cups of water to the pan. The cauliflower will release some water so you do not want to add as much water as when cooking rice paella. Add saffron to the pan. Turn the pan on high and allow to cook until all of the water has evaporated (approximately 20-30 mins).
- Once all of the water evaporated, I allowed my paella to cook a little longer to allow it to cook and stick to the pan. Allow the paella to cool slightly and top with parsley.
Made my favorite green pineapple banana smoothie this morning! 🍍🍌
I haven’t made this smoothie in a long time because of the recent hype over sugar. I’ve been avoiding high sugar fruits, including bananas and pineapples. While I agree that we are eating way too much sugar and need to cut down on sugar, particularly refined sugar, I think that eliminating it completely would also eliminate some of the joys in what you eat. Instead, I’m focusing on increasing my awareness of added sugars to meals. Furthermore, eliminating high sugar fruits also means missing out on their great health benefits. Pineapples are hydrating, which is important for summer, are rich in vitamins and antioxidants, contain fiber, and have anti-inflammatory effects. And they are soooo good!
I feel great great when I have this smoothie. I’m a firm believer in listen to your body, not to trends.
1 cup frozen spinach
2 frozen bananas
3/4 cup frozen pineapple
1 scoop of Artisana Organics almond butter
1 scoop of wheatgrass powder
The Harmless Coconut coconut water to get the right consistency
Goji berries to top
Threw together the leftovers from my kitchen and came out with these carrot cake muffins! They are vegan, gluten free, have no added sugar and are awesome! Definitely going to try making these before my next flight ✈️ to pack as breakfast. They were too easy to make.
I use a bamboo cutting board from Thrve Market to prep my veggies because plastics interacting with your food is a thing!
1 cup gf oats
1 ripe banana
1 medium carrot peeled
3 scoops of coconut oil
handful of walnuts
Sprinkle of ginger, nutmeg, and cinnamon to taste
Blend all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Distribute blended mix into a cupcake baking pan. Bake for 15-20 mins at 300 degrees.
Stopped by the Union Square Green Market today and picked up these beauts 🍒🍒🍒
I love cherries but they are usually so expensive at the grocery store. Buying these at the farmers market is not only so much more affordable but also comes with several health benefits.
Eating local means that the produce was picked at its peak ripeness vs. non local produce which is picked before it is ripe so it will ripen during its long travel or once it’s sitting at the grocery store. Eating local also means eating seasonally and eating produce at at its optimal nutritional levels.
May be a couple days early, but couldn’t resist these red, white, and blue overnight oats! 🇺🇸
1/2 cup gf rolled oats, 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk. Allow to sit over night and top with flaxseed, chia seeds, a scoop of almond butter, cinnamon, and maple syrup