Back in NYC! 🤸🏻♀️
First move post red eye flight back is making a green smoothie bowl. After 3 weeks of straight travel, I’m so glad I came home to a freezer full of organic produce and my first move wasn’t running out to Whole Foods. This smoothie is mostly veggie based, but made with cacao powder and topped with cacao nibs to taste like a treat. I also topped it with sunflower butter vs. almond butter. I’ve been experimenting with sunflower butter this week and am a huge fan. Now have to run and get all of my errands complete and pack over the next couple of days before I fly out, this time for vacation! ✈️
1/4 cup frozen blueberries and blackberries
1/4 cup frozen riced cauliflower
3/4 cup frozen spinach
1 spoonful cacao powder
1 scoop chocolate protein powder
almond milk to get the right consistency
Top with superfoods- I used cacao nibs, sunflower butter, goji berries, and shredded coconut
Chicken thighs with summer squash, red onion, sautéed spinach, and avocados slices. Sautéed the summer squash with red onion and spinach in oil and garlic, because I’m a firm believer that you can sautée almost any vegetable in garlic and oil and it’s awesome 💁♀️
Anyone else on this one? 😬
2 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 summer squash
1/16 red onion
2 cloves of garlic
1/2 bag spinach
salt and pepper to taste
1. Cut summer squash and zucchini into slices. Cut the slices into halves or fourths. Place the zucchini in a baking dish (I use glass because it avoids the harmful interactions of nonstick baking sheets).
2. Cut red onion and place on baking dish. Mince 1 clone of garlic and mix with vegetables.
3. Place 2 chicken thighs in the baking dish on top of the vegetables. This will allow the veggies to cook in the natural oils from the chicken- no need for added oils. Season chicken and veggies with salt and pepper.
4. Bake on 400 degs for 35-45mins, depending on the size of the chicken thighs. Check the chicken periodically to avoid over cooking.
5. While this is baking, sautéed spinach with avocado oil and 1 clove of garlic in a frying pan.
6. Cut 1/4 avocado into slices.
7. Plate the chicken, vegetables, spinach, and avocado.
Smoothie bowl kind of morning. This thick, chocolatey smoothie bowl is actually mostly made of veggies 🌱
1/4 cup Frozen riced cauliflower
1 frozen zucchini (steamed then frozen),
1/4 cup Frozen raspberries
1-2 scoops Almond butter
1 scoop Chocolate protein powder
Coconut milk to get the right consistency
Topped with hazelnuts and coconut flakes
PB Chocolate Banana Chia Pudding 🥜🍫🍌!
Makes the perfect breakfast or snack. Full of healthy fats to keep you full longer. So simple to make.
3 tablespoons chia seeds
Cacao nibs to top
All natural peanut butter
1. Add chia seeds to a bowl. Add a spoonful of cacao powder to chia seeds. Add almond milk to cover. Place bowl in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
2. Remove chia bowl from the fridge. If not all of the chia seeds have absorbed the almond milk, add additional almond milk to the mixture. Add a splash of cinnamon and maple syrup. Stir the mixture and place back in the refrigerator overnight.
3. Slice a banana and place banana slices over the chia pudding. Top with peanut butter and cacao nibs.
Crunchy banana bread muffins topped with peanut butter 😋🍌🥜
Packed these with me on my flight to Seattle earlier this week and they made the 6 hour coast to coast flight a whole lot better.
2.5 cups rolled oats
1/4 cup almond milk
3 spoonfuls of coconut oil
3 tbsp maple syrup
1/4 cup walnuts
Optional: All natural peanut butter to top
1. Blend all of the ingredients together except for the walnuts.
2. Add walnuts to blender and lightly pulse mixture to mix the walnuts without blending them completely into the mixture. You want to keep the walnuts in nut form just lightly pulse them until they are smaller pieces.
3. Place batter in muffin baking sheet. Bake on 400 deg for 25- 28 minutes.
4. Optional: Allow to cool and top with peanut butter