I want these Turkey Burgers with avocado and sweet potato fries that I made the other weekend. This is the last week I’m Seattle for work and then I head back to NYC to end my 3 weeks of straight travel. I had so much fun traveling these past 2 weekends but am seriously ready to not live out of a suitcase and get back home- be in my own apartment and cook my own food.
… at for at least a couple of days until I pack up and leave again 💁♀️✈️
See recipe below!
Ground Turkey meat
1/2 red bell pepper
3 cloves garlic
1 large sweet potato
1. Preheat oven to 400 deg.
2. Using a vegetable peeler, peel the outside of the large sweet potato.
3. Place sweet potato in microwave for 1-2 minutes to slightly soften so it is easier to cut. Cut sweet potato into fries.
4. Lightly coat a baking dish with avocado oil. Place fries on a baking dish and season with salt and pepper. Place in the oven for for about 20 minutes. Flip the fries and place back in the oven for another 20 minutes or until crispy.
5. Cut red pepper and onion into small pieces.
6. Place ground turkey in a bowl and add red pepper and onion. Add garlic to the bowl using a garlic press. Add 1/2 juice from the lime, a drop of avocado oil, salt pepper, paprika, chilli powder and cayenne pepper to the bowl. Mix the bowl to evenly distribute.
7. Roll turkey into burgers. Place burgers on a baking dish and place in the oven with for 30- 40 minuets depending on the size of the burgers.
8. Cut avocado into slices. Plate the turkey burger with avocado slices and sweet potato fries.
Avocados for breakfast. Avocados for lunch. Avocados for dinner. I loveeee avocados. Got a chance to stop by the Union Square Green Market yesterday and pick up some farm fresh eggs which are sooo good. It’s crazy the difference you can taste in eggs depending on where you buy them. This morning’s breakfast bowl was very easy to make:
2 eggs (from the farmers market, they are seriously so much better!)
1 sweet potato cut into cubes (used the leftover sweet potatoes I had from my sweet potato fries yesterday)
Red pepper flakes
Guacamole ( see recipe from sweet potato fries and guacamole post)
- Preheat oven to 400 deg
- Add a few spoonfuls of avocado oil to a baking pan (I use a glass bake dish because no nasty toxins from non stick pans leak into your food!)
- Add cubed sweet potatoes on top of the oiled pan and sprinkle with Himalayan sea salt and ground black pepper, and place in oven for 25-30 mins. Make sure to watch your sweet potatoes because they will burn depending on how far apart they are spaced on the baking pan.
- Prepare guacamole and place off to the side.
- Remove the baking pan from the oven and mix the sweet potatoes around. Place back in oven for 20 mins.
- Remove the baking pan from the oven and add a few slices of chopped white onion.
- Place back in oven for 5-10 mins or until onion softens, but without burning the sweet potatoes.
- Cook 2 eggs sunny-side up.
- Plate the 2 eggs and sweet potato/onion combo. Add guacamole to plate. Top with red pepper flakes and cilantro and enjoy!
Currently munching on some baked sweet potato fries. They are soo good and super easy to make. Only need 4 ingredients- avocado oil, 2 sweet potatoes, Himalayan sea salt, and black pepper. I like using avocado oil for this recipe because it has a high smoke point for cooking and a neutral taste. The smoke point is when an oil is heated to the point that it begins to “smoke” and releases toxic fumes and harmful free radicals. Olive oil is better suited for topping on salads and avocado oil is a great option for cooking at higher temperatures. See recipe details below:
Ingredients for sweet potato fries:
2 Sweet potatoes
Himalayan sea salt
Ground black pepper
Ingredients for guacamole:
1 ripe avocado
1 clove of garlic (minced)
Small slice of white onion (diced)
~ 10 pieces of cilantro
Juice of 1/2 lime
Salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 deg
- Peel the skin off the both sweet potatoes.
- Microwave each sweet potato for 1 minute to slightly soften. You do not want the sweet potatoes to be too soft or they will be hard to cut and maintain shape.
- Cut sweet potatoes into fries.
- Add avocado oil to grease the bottom of the baking dish. (I like to use glass baking dishes because they are safer to use vs. nonstick, which releases chemicals when heated.)
- Add sweet potato fries to pan and coat with salt and pepper.
- Put the sweet potato fries in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove the fries from the oven and flip them.
- Make the guacamole- place all ingredient in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- After 20-25 minutes, remove the sweet potato fries from the oven.
- Allow to cool and enjoy with the guacamole!